*Interested applicants, please click here to apply!
The Assistant/Associate/Full Professor is an open rank position, with responsibilities for teaching, research, and service in health administration and policy. This is a 12-month position. Teaching responsibilities will include masters-level courses across the residential and/or executive degree tracks. Primary instructional duties may include courses in finance, marketing, research methods, policy, informatics and/or other topical areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Achieving excellence in and maintaining the quality of the Master of Science in Health Systems Management (MS-HSM) degree offerings.
· Teach multiple courses in the MS-HSM Executive Track, Residential Track, and elsewhere in the Rush University System for Health as needed.
· Teach using multiple delivery mechanisms that may include face-to-face, online, and hybrid modalities.
· Advise, coach, and mentor students.
· Maintain a funded program of scholarly research, independently and in collaboration with other Rush faculty.
· Participate in professional and/or community service.
· Participate in and/or lead department, college, and university committees as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Earned Master’s in health administration, business, educational leadership, or a closely related field.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching at the graduate level (as evidenced by prior course evaluations).
· Excellent record of scholarly achievement in applied research and funding relevant to health administration.
· Active involvement in relevant national professional associations (e.g., Academy Health, Academy of Management, AUPHA, ACHE, ASPA, INFORMS, NCAF).
· Appreciation for collaborating with practitioners in education activities. Evidence of effectiveness in collaborating is a plus.
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
· A capable role model of the Rush I-CARE values (Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
· Experience with a CAHME-accredited, nationally recognized program a plus. Experience in health care industry a plus.
· Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
· Rush was recently ranked first for Quality and Accountability among US academic medical centers in a study conducted by the health care performance improvement company Vizient.
· Rush University Medical Center received five stars in a quality rating system by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Rush University Medical Center is the only five-star academic medical center in the Chicago area.
· Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or Protected Veteran status.
job, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, Chicago
Rush University Medical Center is an elite medical community recognized for excellence in patient care, medical discovery and clinical expertise. Our continued pursuits have earned Rush University Medical Center the distinction of being on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals Honor Roll for 2020-2021. This places the Medical Center amongst the top 20 of the 3,000 hospitals evaluated. U.S. News & World Report has also recognized 11 Rush programs amongst the nation’s best, including top five national rankings for orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery.
These accolades, along with many others that include a decade of Magnet® designation, are a reflection of the collective efforts and commitment to excellence demonstrated by our physicians, advanced practitioners, nurses and medical staff.
Rush is united by diversity, inclusion and a commitment to health equity. Rush is also a perennial “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality.”
Quality of life
Chicago offers an excellent selection of homes in downtown, suburban and rural locations, as well as public and private schools and colleges. Local museums, entertainment, culture and the arts are world-class. Celebrated restaurants, craft breweries and local distilleries abound.
Research at Rush
Rush is currently involved in more than 1,600 research studies, many NIH-funded. Rush’s long tradition of discovery dates back to determining the causes of scarlet fever, heart attacks and sickle cell anemia. Today we’re also leaders in neurosciences, cancer, immunology, infection, regenerative medicine and more. Join us in spearheading life-changing research at the national level.
Protected health information (PHI) and HIPAA compliance
HireControl does not collect any of the following data: