**CLICK THE BELOW LINK TO APPLY**
Rush University Medical Center is currently recruiting for an Outpatient Gastroenterology Advanced Practice Provider to join their team.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a licensed physician assistant (PA) or advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) who functions as a member of the health care team to provide high quality, comprehensive acute and/or routine medical/surgical care of Rush University Medical Center patients within the scope of practice granted in accordance with the RUMC medical staff bylaws. The APP will promote collaboration between multiple disciplines to ensure cost effective and quality patient care. The individual who holds this position will exemplify the Rush mission, vision and values and act in accordance with the policies, procedures, guidelines of Rush, including the Rush University Medical Group Customer Service standards. Successful candidates will also meet all other state and federal regulatory practice and accreditation standards.
Rush has over 400 APPs across the enterprise that provide comprehensive patient care each day autonomously and in collaboration with other members of the health care team. With 2 Directors of Advanced Practice and 27 Lead APPs across the system, Rush’s vision is to have every APP practicing at full scope and top of license. APPs at Rush are highly competent, well respected members of the healthcare team that contribute to the excellent quality care that Rush patients receive each day.
*Applicants with previous Gastroenterology experience preferred
APRN Applicant Requirements:
1. Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse (RN) and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure required.
2. Current Nurse Practitioner Certification from a national certifying organization approved Master’s or Doctorate degree in nursing required.
3. The APRN’s education and specialty board certification must correlate with the APP’s job role, setting, responsibility and patient population.
4. BLS certification required.
PA Applicant Requirements:
1. Current State of Illinois Physician Assistant Licensure required.
2. Current Certification from National Certification Commission for Physician Assistants (NCCPA) required.
3. Degree from an ARC-PA (or predecessor) accredited PA Program required; Master’s degree preferred.
4. BLS certification required.
1. Demonstrates competency in all areas of APRN or PA practice including: medical knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills, patient care, professionalism, practice based learning and improvement, and systems based practice.
2. Skill in preparing and maintaining electronic and paper medical records
3. Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
4. Strong work ethic, interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with collaborating physician, department, and other members of the healthcare team in an effective and comprehensive manner.
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or Protected Veteran status.
job, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, Chicago
Rush University Medical Center is an elite medical community recognized for excellence in patient care, medical discovery and clinical expertise. Our continued pursuits have earned Rush University Medical Center the distinction of being on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals Honor Roll for 2020-2021. This places the Medical Center amongst the top 20 of the 3,000 hospitals evaluated. U.S. News & World Report has also recognized 11 Rush programs amongst the nation’s best, including top five national rankings for orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery.
These accolades, along with many others that include a decade of Magnet® designation, are a reflection of the collective efforts and commitment to excellence demonstrated by our physicians, advanced practitioners, nurses and medical staff.
Rush is united by diversity, inclusion and a commitment to health equity. Rush is also a perennial “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality.”
Quality of life
Chicago offers an excellent selection of homes in downtown, suburban and rural locations, as well as public and private schools and colleges. Local museums, entertainment, culture and the arts are world-class. Celebrated restaurants, craft breweries and local distilleries abound.
Research at Rush
Rush is currently involved in more than 1,600 research studies, many NIH-funded. Rush’s long tradition of discovery dates back to determining the causes of scarlet fever, heart attacks and sickle cell anemia. Today we’re also leaders in neurosciences, cancer, immunology, infection, regenerative medicine and more. Join us in spearheading life-changing research at the national level.